CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Recruitment of an Individual Consultant to conduct a study on the establishment of a sustainable competitive funding mechanism for agricultural research and advisory services in Chad
Opening of the call: August 3, 2022
Closing of the call: August 17, 2022
CEI N° 17-2022 – Relaunch
- The Government of Chad and CORAF have signed an agreement to support the implementation of the Climate Resilience and Sustainable Agricultural Productivity Project (ProPAD) in general and Component A in particular. This component is intended to strengthen institutional capacities for agricultural research and development and adaptation to climate change at the national level. CORAF has been asked to facilitate: (i) the extension to Chad of CORAF’s technical networks on strengthening regional cooperation and sharing experiences, knowledge and training; (ii) the development and implementation of annual communication action plans based on the regional communication strategy, including the networking of knowledge management, information and communication systems to accelerate the sharing of technologies, tools and best agricultural practices; (iii) the development and implementation of an action plan to mainstream climate change issues into R&D programmes; (iv) the development and implementation of an action plan to mainstream gender issues into R&D programmes based on the gender strategy developed by CORAF; (v) the expansion of CORAF’s Regional Competitive Agricultural Research Grants Programme to the beneficiary; and (vi) the technical assistance for the creation and implementation of a sustainable national competitive agricultural research grant mechanism.
- The objective of this consultation is to recruit an individual consultant to address points (v) and (vi) of the paragraph above.
- The tasks to be carried out as well as other information relating to the conduct of the mission are detailed in the terms of reference below.
- The Executive Director of CORAF invites interested candidates (“consultants”) with the required profile as indicated in the terms of reference, to express their interest in this call for proposals.
- Interested candidates should provide an expression of interest application consisting of: (i) the methodology to be adopted for the work requested, (ii) the references concerning the execution and experience of similar services (iii) and their updated CV.
- It is brought to the attention of the candidates that the provisions of paragraph 3.14 of the “World Bank Procurement Regulations for Investment Project Financing Borrowers” of July 2016, revised in November 2017 and in August 2018 (“The Regulations”), relating to the World Bank’s rules on conflict of interest are applicable.
- Candidates will be selected according to the procedure for the employment of individual consultants as described in the “Bank’s Procurement Regulations”.
- Interested candidates may obtain further information on any working day from the CORAF Executive Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com.
- Applications must be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than August 17, 2022 at 17h00 GMT.
Dr. Abdou TENKOUANO