YOUMANN CONSULTING GROUP is looking for a sub-regional organization based in West and Central Africa, and involved in Agricultural Research and Development, a highly qualified professional for the position of:
INFORMATION SYSTEMS OFFICER (H/F)
Main Mission :
Under the authority and direct supervision of the Direction of Corporate Services, the IS Officer will be responsible for the development and implementation of the IT strategy and policy, the implementation of the IT policy and the management of IS projects, the definition of the Institution’s outsourcing policy and IT operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The IS Officer will have the following main responsibilities:
Development and implementation of IT strategy and policy
- Define with Top Management and the members of the Management Committee the strategic orientations in the field of information technology and telecommunications of the Institution as well as its representations;
- Define the IT security policy: identification with Top Management of sensitive information and risks, proposal of measures to be taken;
- Collect and study the needs expressed by the Institution’s business divisions and its representations;
- Evaluate and recommend IT investments corresponding to the business needs expressed, taking into account their effectiveness and risk management.
Implementation of IT policy and IS project management
- Conduct the development plan of the information systems within the framework of budgets accepted and in accordance with technological changes decided by Top Management;
- Oversee the design and implementation of the information system and maintain it in operational conditions;
- Facilitate IS-related projects through steering and validation meetings, in conjunction with project managers and business divisions of the organisation;
- Ensure compliance with IS policies and associated procedures.
Definition of the outsourcing policy
- Develop the Council’s IT outsourcing policy;
- Analyze subcontracting offers (services, budget, human resources, special clauses, contract, etc.);
- Monitor relations with service providers;
- Monitor the effectiveness of subcontractor deliverables and services throughout the contractual relationship.
- Guarantee the continuity of the IT and telecoms service provided to users;
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate IS systems, policies and procedures, in line with the Institution’s vision for development and for the benefit of its various regional programmes;
- Develop utilities (when necessary) and administer the management software package;
- Manage and maintain systems, IT equipment, access control and video surveillance;
- Ensure the administration and security of the computer network;
- Manage messaging and ensure system and data security;
- Identify problem areas and implement strategic solutions on time;
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures;
- Administer and maintain the organization’s main website and a dozen web portals;
- Ensure the organization and management of ICT-related knowledge and train users in the better appropriation and use of ICT tools;
- Ensure the execution of contracts related to ICT (supplies, services, etc.) in relation to the Procurement Officer;
- Perform other duties as required by the hierarchy based on operational requirements.
- Have an Engineering degree or Master’s degree (Bac+5) or equivalent in computer science, network and systems administration, or any other related field;
- Professional certifications related to systems and network administration would be an asset.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years experience in network administration, IT maintenance, and web portal animation in a similar organization;
- Experience in managing information systems within development programs or a regional or international organization is a major asset;
- Proven work experience as an IS Officer or relevant experience;
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and computer systems/software;
- Expertise in resource center management and data governance;
- Experience in IS project management.
- Have a broad knowledge of information systems and their evolutions;
- Demonstrate proficiency and current practice in the protocols used for network deployments and demonstrate proficiency in LAN, WAN, MAN networks;
- Sufficient knowledge of database management systems (MySql, Oracle, etc.);
- Master all the IS security rules;
- Have a very good knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and associated communications services and communication systems such as messaging, internet gateways, web servers;
- Demonstrate experience with mobile devices (GSM/UMTS, GPRS/4G, WiFi, LTE, etc.);
- Excellent knowledge and practice of operating systems (Windows, MacOS, Linux);
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft 365 Enterprise, Ubiquiti unifi, Fortigate, Digium asterisk tools;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to maintain a professional attitude and be results-oriented;
- Have project management skills;
- Having a high sense of priorities and confidentiality;
- Demonstrate high moral integrity in data management and property rights;
- Be able to work in an international and multicultural environment;
- Ability to manage stress and pressure from exceptional and unforeseen work situations.
Language and social media skills
- Be fluently bilingual (French/English) both orally and in writing;
- Technical skills in social media management and analytics tools (Google analytics, Hootsuite, etc.)
|ADDRESS AND APPLICATION PROCEDURE: |
For more information and to apply: Consult the detailed offers and submit your application online at www.youmann-recruit.com by July 25, 2021.
Eligible application: Only candidates who are nationals of the countries of West and Central Africa and whose country of residence is Senegal, are entitled to apply; women candidates are strongly encouraged;
Application: To be valid, your application must include a cover letter addressed to the Managing Director of YOUMANN CONSULTING GROUP, Dakar, Senegal and a detailed CV, with the names and contacts of three mandatory references (e-mail, address, and telephone) ;
Response to your application: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the selection and interview phases.