The joint World Bank and CORAF/WECARD initiative, implementing by the Consortium IRAM/Issala/LARES, is complete and the major results are follow:
- Constraints and opportunities have been identified and recommendations are made to facilitate regional trade of livestock and meat in the Central Corridor (Burkina Faso, Mali, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana and Nigeria);
- On the basis of the main constraints and opportunities identified above, a set of proposals and recommendations are made, in line with the following areas: (i) Livestock policies and their articulation with other public policies, especially trade; (ii) regulations and standards; (iii) investments; (iv) information and market intelligence; (v) organization of actors and value chains; (vi) capacity building and; (vii) political advocacy and dialogue;
- An Action Plan To Promote Trade of Livestock and Meat in the Central Corridor (Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Ghana, and Ivory Coast), elaborated;
- Five (5) Policy Notes elaborated: Note A – Production and trade of livestock and meat in the central corridor of West Africa; Note B- National stock farming policies and their regional dimensions; Note C – Trade policies and the trade of livestock and meat in the central corridor of West Africa; Note D – The players in the livestock and meat value chains in West Africa; Note E – Health and veterinary issues in Central and West Africa.
- A High Level Consultation on Trade in Livestock, Meat – and livestock sub-products Facilitation: ‘’Défining a New Paradigm for Cross Border Trade Exchanges of Livestock, Meat and livestock Products’’ will take place in May 18-19, 2015 in N’Djamena, Chad. The objective of the Consultation is to review progress, identify future orientations, and strengthen collaboration and coordination with other sectors of transport, environment, trade, finance and health.
 Institut de Recherches et d’Applications des Méthodes de développement (IRAM)/ Bureau ISSALA (Issala) / Laboratoire d’Analyse Régionale et d’Expertise Sociale (LARES)