Partnerships and Contracts Manager
Call opening: 3rd November, 2016
Call closing: 30th November, 2016
Department: Executive Directorate
Duty station: CORAF/WECARD Executive Secretariat – Dakar, Senegal
Contract type: International Recruitment, Full-time, Permanent Employment (with 6 months’ probation period)
Introduction to CORAF/WECARD
The West and Central African Council for Agricultural Research and Development (CORAF/WECARD) is composed of the National Agricultural Research Systems (NARS) of 23 countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Sao Tomé et Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
The Vision of CORAF/WECARD is “”…A sustainable reduction in poverty and food insecurity in WCA through an increase in agricultural-led economic growth and sustainable improvement of key aspects of the agricultural research system…”.
The mission is to ensure “a sustainable improvement of the competitiveness, productivity and markets of the agricultural system of West and Central Africa by meeting the major demands of target groups of the sub-regional research system”.
CORAF/WECARD is recruiting a Partnerships and Contract Manager at CORAF/WECARD headquarters in Dakar. The successful candidate will be responsible for the institution’s partnerships and contract portfolio, reviewing project contracts and negotiating terms and conditions with technical, policy and financial partners. The position also entails drafting and negotiating contracts with collaborating partners and subcontractors. The successful candidate will also have the interest and ability to build appropriate systems for contract compliance, including keeping track of e.g. invoicing and reporting. In addition, the successful candidate will also be responsible for CORAF/WECARD procurement procedures, and support to the organization in project budgeting and financial reporting.
The position requires excellent language skills in both French and English. The holder of the position will work closely with the Administration and Finance Department, the Research and Innovation Department and also regularly communicate with the Information and Communication Department. The position will entail significant interactions with CORAF/WECARD partners responsible for research and project management.
CORAF/WECARD offers a highly international work environment with a wide variety of projects and funders. The position is full time employment at the CORAF/WECARD Executive Secretariat, in Dakar. The successful candidate will report directly to CORAF/WECARD’s Executive Director.
The Partnerships and Contract Manager will focus on the following main tasks:
- Reviewing and negotiating project contracts;
- Drafting and negotiating contracts with collaborators and subcontractors;
- Developing and managing different types of standardized contract templates for CORAF/WECARD;
- Improving routines for contract compliance, invoicing and reporting;
- Ensuring due diligence procedures for new collaborators and subcontractors;
- Ensuring compliance with procurement procedures;
- Supporting project budgeting and reporting.
- Performing contract closeout procedures and ensuring appropriate filing, storage, and retention of contract documentation.
The ideal candidate for the position of Partnerships and Contracts Manager will be an accomplished professional familiar with the mandate and operational landscape of sub-regional organizations, notably in West and Central Africa.
The successful candidate will:
- have 5+ years relevant experience working with partnerships and contracts, financial reporting, and procurement;
- hold an advanced academic degree from a reputable higher education institution in law, business, economics, or accounting;
- have superior analytical talents, demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English and French, and proficiency in MS Excel.
Other desirable qualifications
- Experience of intellectual property rights
- Experience of working in a knowledge based organization or consultancy
- Very proactive and target driven with analytical and organizational skills
- Exceptional ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize and perform under pressure
- Team-player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Diplomacy, negotiation, and networking skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to travel within the region and internationally as required
This is an internationally recruited position with competitive pay and benefits. Applications must be submitted via E-MAIL ONLY at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference of the call will be clearly indicated in the title of the message.
Attachments should be in PDF or Word format and should consist of a cover letter, a CV, names and contact details of three referees, and a recent passport photograph.
Applications should reach CORAF/WECARD Executive Secretariat as soon as possible but no later than 30th November 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
More information on CORAF/WECARD can be found on its website: http://www.coraf.org
Applications from women are strongly encouraged