Call for manifestation of interest
Recruitment of a Consultant to deliver trainings on gender mainstreaming in Agricultural Research and Development
Opening of the call: 16/02/2018
Closure of the call: 28/02/2018
CEI N° 05-2018
- The West Africa Agricultural Productivity Program (WAAPP) was initiated by ECOWAS with financial support of the World Bank to support regional cooperation in the agricultural sector in Africa. The objective of the program is to improve agricultural productivity while favoring regional integration as tools for the promotion of shared growth and poverty reduction in West Africa.
- A gender strategy for WAAPP was developed in 2013 and implemented with significant outcomes recorded. As the program moves forward, it becomes important to refresh gender capacity building for gender specialists of WAAPP countries, to sustain the gender outcomes of the program. To fulfill this commitment, CORAF plans to require the services of consultant to deliver training on gender mainstreaming in agricultural and research development
- The objective of this call for manifestation is to deliver trainings on gender, for stakeholders involved in WAAPP and WAATP. The consultants tasks are described in the terms of reference attached to this call.
- The Executive Director of CORAF/WECARD invites Consultants from West and Central Africa to express their interest to provide services as described above.
- Interested Consultants have to present a maximum of 10 pages manifestation of interest. This document should present the references related to experiences in conducting similar contracts and any proof of their knowledge and experience in similar trainings projects on gender mainstreaming in agricultural research and development. Brochures, flyers, and complementary materials should not to be included in the 10 pages. But the CV or Resume of interested consultants should be included in the manifestation of interest.
- The duration of this consultancy is sixty (60) working days spread over twelve (12) months starting from March 2018.
- The consultants will be selected according to the agreement defined in the Directives: “Selection and Use of Consultants within the framework of IBRD loans, AID credits, and the subsidies by the Borrowers of the World Bank”, dated January 2011, revised on july 2014
- The interested consultants can obtain extra information about the reference documents from the CORAF/WECARD Gender Regional Adviser, Dr. Mariam MAIGA (email@example.com) and at the following hours 8:30 to 12:00 and 15:00 to 17:00 GMT. For more information you will find in the appendix the terms of reference of the mission.
- The manifestation of interest must be submitted by e-mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, and sent at the latest on 28 February 2018 to 17:00 GMT.
Dr Abdou TENKOUANO
Executive Director of CORAF/WECARD