CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Recruitment of an individual consultant for a study on the development of mango by products in West Africa
Opening of the call: 16 / 10 / 2017
Closure of the call: 31 / 10 / 2017
CEI No 21-2017
- The support project to the regional plan for fruit flies monitoring and control in West Africa is the culmination of a long concerted effort between ECOWAS, WAEMU and mango-exporting countries. It was started in 2008 by the Rural Development and Agriculture Directorate of the ECOWAS Commission. ECOWAS initiated this project to combat the issue of fruit flies at the regional level, through coordinated effort, and at the national level, by pooling strategic approaches, surveillance and combat methods, and disseminating research findings evenly across countries affected by the problem. The project is in line with the implementation of RAIP, which, in the ECOWAS member countries, falls under the national agriculture, food security and nutrition investment plans. It is specifically identified in component 2 of RAIP.
- The overall goal is to improve incomes for fruit and vegetable producers, thereby contributing to food security and poverty reduction in the sub region.
- The tasks to be performed and other information relating to the conduct of the mission are detailed in the attached Terms of Reference.
- The Executive Director of CORAF/WECARD invites consultants with the profile sought as indicated in the terms of reference to express their interest in this appeal.
- Individual consultants should provide a record of expression of interest consisting of: (i) the methodology to be used to do the work requested, (ii) references concerning the performance and experience of similar services, (iii) and their updated CV.
- The consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures defined in CORAF/WECARD Procedures Manual”.
- Interested consultants may obtain additional information from CORAF/WECARD Executive Secretariat by sending correspondence email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org from 8am to 12pm and from 15h to 17h GMT.
- Expressions of interest must be submitted by e-mail to: email@example.com , on 31/10/ 2017 at 17:00 GMT at the latest.
Dr Abdou TENKOUANO
CORAF / WECARD