CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Recruitment of a Firm responsible
for a stock-taking assessment on agricultural entrepreneurship promotion for youth employment creation and proposition of models to be disseminated in WAAPP countries
Opening of the call: 28/09/2017
Closure of the call: 19/10/2017
CEI No 18-2017
1. The CORAF / WECARD Executive Secretariat in charge of the implementation of the West African Agricultural Productivity Program (WAAPP) intends to use part of these funds to pay for the services of firm in charge of making an assessment of the state of play of promoting agricultural entrepreneurship for the creation of youth employment and proposal of models to be disseminated in the countries of the PPAPA.
2. The objective of the appraisal mission is to equip WAAPP countries with models of agricultural entrepreneurship through which a significant number of young people could be employed. Specifically, the mission will mobilize a team of experts to go to seven West African countries (Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria and Senegal) with a view to to carrying out the aforementioned mission.
3. The tasks to be performed and other information relating to the conduct of the mission are detailed in the attached Terms of Reference.
4. The Executive Director of CORAF / WECARD invites the firms with the qualifications sought as indicated in the terms of reference to express their interest in this call.
5. Firms interested in this notice must provide information that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, references for similar contracts, CVs, similar experience, experience under similar conditions, etc.).
6. The design office must have experience in carrying out similar studies. It must have at least the following key personnel:
- Expert Agroeconomic, Senior Consultant, Head of Mission,
- Expert Value chain (Agribusiness), Agro-business,
- Expert Entrepreneurship and Youth Employment
7. Each of these experts should have at least a 5-year quality experience in the relevant fields. For the good performance of the mission, the Principal Consultant, Head of Mission may propose alternatives to the composition of the team proposed above but the experts will have the expertise requested. A curriculum vitae will be provided for each expert (not exceeding 4 pages).
8. The Consultants will be selected on the basis of the selection process related the qualifications of consultants in accordance with the procedures defined in the Guidelines: “Selection and Employment of Consultants in IBRD loans, AID credits and subsidies by the Loan
9. Interested consultants may obtain additional information from CORAF/WECARD Executive Secretariat by sending correspondence to: firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to: email@example.com from 8am to 12pm and from 15h to 17h GMT.
10. Expressions of interest must be submitted by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or addressed to the Executive Director of CORAF/WECARD, 7 Avenue Bourguiba, BP 48, BP 48, CP 18523 Dakar, Senegal, on19/10/2017 at 10:00 GMT at the latest.
Dr Abdou TENKOUANO
CORAF / WECARD