Result 3. Capacity strengthening
- The capacity strengthening activities have generated several outcomes :
- Best management practices acquired and assimilated by actors in the integrated aquaculture systems.
- Capacity of research institutions to carry out action-research enhanced: (i) Capacity of the undergraduate and postgraduate students enhanced through the use of the adaptive research facilities for research and training; (ii) Over 2000 students have been trained in Sierra Leone, Cameroon and Nigeria; (iii) Over 16 universities and 4 colleges of agriculture benefited; (iv) Capacity of the department in charge of aquaculture and fisheries management in the collaborating universities is further enhanced to do action research; (v) The project has led to about 150% increase in admission of students in the department of host institutions.
Result 4. Knowledge management
- Training Manual on Integrated Aquaculture farming system (Fish, rice and pig) produced and disseminated; this Manual includes all the innovations demonstrated by the project along the fish value chain;
- A scientific paper published: “Economic Assessment of Integrated Fish Farming (Fish-Rice-Piggery) in Sierra Leone” by Olapade Olufemi Julius, Alimamy Turay, Momoh Rashid Raymond – (http://www.sciencepublishinggroup.com/j/aff)