We have made significant progress in building agriculture research capacity in the past decades. But to efficiently achieve the targets of the Science Agenda for Agriculture in Africa (S3A), those of the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Program, and the agriculture policies of the regional economic communities, we must continue to train and prepare the scientists of tomorrow.
Developing the critical mass to engage in agribusinesses and other emerging areas requires constant training and strengthening of capacities. Going forward, CORAF’s capacity building agenda shall focus on strengthening of national agricultural research systems, national centers of specialization, as well as the staff of the CORAF Executive Secretariat.
- Strengthening Capacity for Agricultural Research and Development in Africa (SCARDA) SCAIN;
- Promotion of Science & Technology for Agricultural Development Project – Composante DONATA;
- Promotion of Science & Technology for Agricultural Development Project – (RAILs);
- Capitalization and Transfer of agricultural research results for agricultural Development in West and Central Africa;
- Sub-Saharan African Challenge Programme : CORAF/WECARD is managing the Kano-Katsina-Maradi (KKM) Pilot Learning Site (PLS);
- Projet pilote d’Appui au développement et à la compétitivité des entreprises de transformation de produits alimentaires locaux – PADEC/ETA;
- Strengthened governance, leadership and change management skills of FBOs; demonstrated by improvement of the marketability and competitiveness of their food products;
- Partenariat entre la recherche et les organisations de producteurs pour une amélioration de la qualité, une labellisation et une meilleure mise en marché des produits transformés des filières agricoles prioritaires au Sénégal, au Togo, au Niger et au Bénin (PROPAQ);
A workshop which kicks off today, May 25, 2022, in Lomé, will offer a more fluid and regulated circulation of...
From January 25 to 28, 2022, was held in N’Djamena and under the High Patronage of General Mahamat Idriss Déby...
After Benin, it is the turn of Burkinabe agricultural actors to benefit from training on the establishment and facilitation of...