CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Recruitment of a Short-Term Consultant (STC) for Communications Within TARSPro Team
Opening date: May 27, 2021
Closing date: June 11, 2021
CEI no. 14-2021
On November 30, 2020, CORAF and the Swiss Agency for International Development (SDC) signed a partnership agreement to implement a scaling-up program known as the Agricultural Technologies and Innovations for the Increase in the Resilience of Production Systems and Family Farms in West and Central Africa (TARSPro).
TARSPro seeks primarily to scale up proven innovations with the overarching objective of ensuring food and nutrition security of the populations of five countries in West and Central Africa. This close to USD 11 million (5.6 billion FCFA) project covers the period from 2020 to 2024 and constitutes the first phase of a 12-year commitment between the Swiss Cooperation and CORAF for an overall amount of USD 33 million (18 billion FCFA).
TARSPro seeks the following development outcomes:
- Increase the resilience of the food production system of at least 2 million producers/processors, including 50% women and 60% youth in the five targeted countries and more than 10 million indirect beneficiaries.
- Sustainably meet the demand for know-how (technologies and innovations) of at least 40% of the family farms affected by the project.
- Ensure a coalition and synergy of actions of the actors of transformation of the agricultural sector.
In order to ensure the good implementation of the project, CORAF is looking for a short term communication consultant within the TARSPro team, to support the communication efforts around the project. The successful candidate will support the production of communication content, campaigns and events of TARSPro. The candidate will work under the supervision of the Marketing and Communication Manager of CORAF.
The initial duration of the mission is one (01) year, at the rate of eight (08) working days per month.
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or other relevant discipline and 2 or more years of relevant experience;
- Excellent communication skills in French, proficiency in English is required;
- Knowledge of modern marketing instruments (management of websites, blog, infographics) including graphic design software is highly desirable;
- Experience in the marketing and communication of innovative projects and approaches to the broader public through different marketing channels is desirable;
- Should have at least five years’ experience in marketing, preferably in agriculture technology marketing;
- Should have a good knowledge and understanding of the political economy of West Africa;
- Proven experience to communicate effectively using multiple platforms: newsletters, blogs, social media;
- Experience managing and creating content for websites and maintaining websites in both English and French, using Content Management System (CMS), specifically Adobe Experience Manager (AEM);
- Experience using social media channels (Facebook, Twitter) to strengthen outreach efforts;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Web metrics (e.g. use of tools such as Adobe Analytics);
- Experience with basic graphic design for communication products and presentations;
- Excellent writing skill; ability with minimum supervision to write, re-write or edit substantive and complex communication products and develop drafts of moderately complex products in a clear, concise, and web-friendly style;
- High levels of initiative, judgment, and decisiveness in accomplishing tasks; proven ability to work independently; good time-management skills and meticulous attention to details; ability to work effectively under stress and to juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
The Executive Director of CORAF invites candidates with the required qualifications as indicated in the terms of reference to express their interest for this call for expressions of interest.
Interested candidates must submit their application indicating that they meet the requirements for the position.
The selection will be made on the basis of the rules contained in the manual of administrative, financial and accounting procedures of CORAF.
Interested candidates can obtain additional information from the CORAF’s Executive Secretariat via email@example.com.
Expressions of interest should be submitted by email to the following e-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 11, 2021 at 17h00 GMT.
Dr Abdou TENKOUANO