Call for Expression of Interest
Recruitment of individual consultants for Training courses on “Innovation platform for agricultural development: setting and facilitating an innovation platform in West Africa”
Opening Date: April 1, 2021
Closing Date: April 15, 2021
CEI No. 03-2021
- West Africa (WA) and the Sahel region are home to about 387 million inhabitants, which represents over 5% of the world’s population. The average annual growth rate of the population in WA stands at 2.7% against an annual agricultural productivity growth of less than 2% (CORAF, 2017). Much of the concern over feeding Africa by 2050 relates to the relative slowing down of food production in the face of rapidly growing populations. Food demand is projected to increase, especially in the growing urban centers of West Africa to about 60% to 80%, but agricultural yields are not keeping pace, with gaps estimated to be 75% of potential yield. As the population grows and fields shrink from generation to generation, farmers must produce more food on less land. As a result, African farmers have faced an inexorable pressure to intensify their production (Jayne et al., 2016).
- Intensification of production requires increased use of agricultural inputs such as improved seeds, fertilizers, etc. Despite the efforts of stakeholders, the use of Agri-inputs remains low with negative consequences on agricultural productivity in West Africa. CORAF with support of USAID is implementing a national project entitled Partnership for Agricultural Research, Education and Development in West Africa (PAIRED). Under this initiative, CORAF with its partners will fostered establishment of Innovative scaling framework for Agri-input Technologies and Innovations in West Africa to insure sustainable scaling and adoption of best-bet agriculture technologies and innovations. In this regard, CORAF solicits the services of appropriate consultants to develop and deliver national training course on “Innovation platform for agriculture development: governance, facilitation and monitoring, evaluation and learning”.
- CORAF is inviting individual consultants for national training courses on Innovation platform for agricultural development: governance, facilitation and monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Interested consultants from Benin, Mali, Senegal, Niger, Nigeria, and Ghana will benefit from the health environment associated with the pandemic. Interested Consultants can obtain further information from the CORAF Executive Secretariat by email at : firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The consultants will be selected in accordance with the rules set out in the CORAF Administrative, Financial and Accounting Procedures Manual.
- The training will be conducted by an individual consultant for each country. If there is not qualified national consultant for a given country, the mission may be entrusted to a consultant from among the others already chosen and obtaining the best score. The time allocated for the consultation is 7-10 days. The provisional training to start these training programs will be between April and May 2021 at the earliest.
- The selection criteria for Consultants will relate to the elements in the table below.
General Selection Criteria
|At least 7 years of experiences in Integrated Agriculture research for development|
|Good knowledge of innovation systems and a good experience of multi-stakeholder process establishment and management|
|Familiar with the Integrated Agricultural Research for Development (IAR4D) approach and the management of value chains|
|Track record in training on Integrated Agricultural Research for Development in West Africa|
|Knowledge of agricultural research and development in West and Central Africa within the overall global development context|
|Good command of French for Francophone countries and English for English speaking countries and national from Mali, Benin, Niger, Senegal, Mali and Nigeria|
8. Applications of the individual consultant for each country will be evaluated based on the criteria mentioned above and the selected consultant will be invited for further discussion and negotiation
Consultants interested in this call must submit an Expression of Interest highlighting the execution and experience of similar contracts and a detailed CV.
Expressions of Interest (EoI) must be submitted by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com not later than April 15, 2021 at 12:00 GMT.
CORAF Executive Secretariat reserves the right to accept or reject any or all of the EoI or cancel the EoI process at any stage without assigning any reason(s) whatsoever and without incurring any liability to the applicants. For more information, please consult the attached terms of reference of the mission.
Dr Abdou TENKOUANO
Executive Director of CORAF