TERMS OF REFERENCES
Recruitment of short-term service provider – Social media & Agripreneur TV
Opening Date: February 25, 2021
Closing Date: March 05, 2021
Department: Communications and Marketing
Duration : Three months renewable
Supervisor: Manager of Communication and Marketing
Context and justification
CORAF recognizes the considerable reach and potential of social media in communicating its ongoing strategy and operational plan. This explains why in the past three years, it has invested significant time and effort to grow its social media communities on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
As a result of our strategic approach to social media, we have seen substantial growth in social media engagement and followers. As of January 2021, CORAF followers on Facebook stand at 114k. On Twitter, followers are now above 7.5k and climbing and on YouTube we have reached 26K. This represents substantial growth and offers us a large marketing base to promote our messages and services. Overall, close to 3000 posts were shared on these platforms attracting an unprecedented engagement figure of more than 8 million. Among all the social media platforms, our best performance is on YouTube, suggesting visuals are more impactful as a form of communication. The growing community has also led to growing inquiries about our services.
Along with its social media community, CORAF uses an innovative tools known as the Agripreneur TV to reach out to the agricultural actors in our region and across Africa in ways that other tools or organizations may not. The Agripreneur TV was set up in 2016 through funding from the Islamic Development Bank and managed by CORAF. It was developed on the simple premise that if you equip the young people of West and Central Africa with the required innovation, technologies, and knowledge, that will unleash their ability to seize the endless opportunities in agriculture entrepreneurship. In four years of operations, Agripreneur TV has contributed to making agriculture more attractive to youths who are mostly driven to white-collar jobs and empower them with crucial agribusiness-related knowledge mostly through the following flagship programs : Techno focus, Youth’innov, Agri invité, My agri blog, Agri’astuce, Micro-trottoir and Podcast.
As an online TV channel, we use videos, images, sounds, and web tools to engage our audience and as a result facilitate the uptake of innovative agriculture innovations to start-up an agribusiness. Youths and women in the following countries : Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cabo Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo Brazzaville, Cote d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, The Gambia, Sao Tome & Principe, Sierra Leone, Senegal, and Togo are our primary audience.
The Agripreneur TV is hosted by CORAF and managed under the Department of Communications and Marketing, precisely under its social media work stream. CORAF has two sets of social media platforms. One is corporate including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc. And the other include social media channels for the Agripreneur TV. Together, they have garnered a significant amount of following in the past three years. CORAF/Agripreneur TV social media platforms reached a combined 8 million people in 2020 and it hopes to surpass this target in 2021. The Agripreneur TV is a major source of this traffic.
If you are excited and looking for an opportunity to make an impact in a regional organization helping to lift people out of poverty, then this may be your chance. Feel free to apply for this position.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The service provider will be required to perform the following tasks:
- In collaboration with the design and multimedia teams, provide hands-on support on all of the CORAF’s social media platforms – Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, and LinkedIn, etc. ;
- Draft and implement a social media strategy that is both innovative and achievable in terms of human and financial resources;
- Channel social media messaging across all platforms and assist CORAF country communications teams and staff and managers in honing their engagement with the CORAF’s audiences;
- Raise the bar on social media engagement, promote the CORAF’s work, and push traffic to CORAF’s website: www.coraf.org;
- In collaboration with the multimedia team of CORAF, produce content for the following program segments: Techno focus, Youth’innov, My agri blog, Agri’astuce, Micro-trottoir, and Podcast;
- Conceive interview protocols and conduct interviews with experts, resource persons, and other high-level officials for Agri invité;
- Work in collaboration with the Content Coordinator of CORAF to implement the editorial calendar;
- Responsible for updating the social media accounts of the Agripreneur TV;
- Review and propose creative approaches to improve Agripreneur programming;
- Contribute to Agripreneur TV-related resource mobilization efforts;
- Support CORAF in the organization of events;
- Perform other duties as determined by the Head of Department.
- University Degree (Bac+4) in journalism, communications, social science, agriculture and at least two years of professional experience or (Bac+3) with at least four years of professional experience in journalism;
- Demonstrable experience in social media, writing or journalism, preferably within an institutional/corporate communications context;
- Experience obtaining and managing content development and publishing;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and best practices for each one;
- Strong monitoring skills, on both social and traditional media ;
- Knowledge of basic community management and monitoring tools available;
- Knowledge of Africa and development issues;
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in French, with at least a working knowledge of English;
- Proficiency in standard software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills;
- Excellent writing skills and teamwork;
- Perfect oral expression;
- Working experience within multicultural teams and international organizations, companies or agencies.
The service provider shall report to the Manager of the Communications and Marketing Department. The supervising officer shall be responsible for the evaluation of the performance and guidance of the service provider.
Interested persons are hereby invited to electronically submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) a detailed CV, to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 05, 2021 before 4.30 pm GMT.