Submission Deadline: 31 August, 2020
In response to the impacts of climate change on agricultural productivity in West Africa, particularly on small producers, the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) has developed a financial mechanism integrated into the Regional Fund for Agriculture and Food (RFAF) called the “West African Initiative for Climate-Smart Agriculture (WAICSA}”.
The WAICSA comprises of two facilities:
– The Financing Facility, which provides loans, guarantees and equity investments to small farms, smallholder organizations, agribusinesses, directly and through local financial institutions;
– The Technical Assistance Facility, which helps financial intermediaries to design loan products incorporating Climate-Smart Agriculture (CSA) cross-compliance and guides smallholders in the implementation of CSA practices adapted to the local context.
These two facilities will finance simultaneously and in a complementary manner investment projects adopting sustainable and profitable agriculture techniques in the agricultural, livestock, fisheries and forestry sectors, aimed essentially at adaptation to and mitigation of climate change.
The selected WAICSA financing mechanism relies on financial intermediaries which will benefit from the lines of credit to finance the operators targeted by the Fund (farmers, cooperatives and agro-entrepreneurs).
With a view to selecting these financial intermediaries, the ECOWAS Bank for Investment and Development (EBID) is launching this Call for Expression of Interest. The Call for Expression of Interest document as well as the submission and selection procedures are available on the following websites :
- EBID: http://www.bidc-ebid.org
- ECOWAS: http://www.ecowas.int
- RAAF: http://araa.org
- Hub Rural: http://www.hubrural.org
- CILSS: http://www.cilss.int
Interested financial intermediaries are invited to express their interest by providing information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services. Expression of interest files written in French or in English will be sent bearing the following caption: “Call for Expression of Interest for the selection of Financial Intermediaries” to the following e-mail address: email@example.com no later than August 31, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
Financial intermediaries may send requests for additional information to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date with reference to the subject “request for additional information”.
For more information, please click here