CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Recruitment of a Firm
For the training of Chad’s Agricultural Research and Development Actors in the Establishment and Facilitation of Innovation Platforms
Opening Date: January 15, 2020
Closing Date: February 4, 2020
CEI N° 01-2020
1. The Government of Chad and CORAF have signed an agreement for the implementation of the Climate Resilience and Agricultural Productivity Enhancement Project (ProPAD) in Chad. The agreement aims to facilitate the implementation of ProPAD and the integration of Chad into the network of National Centers of Specialization (NCoS) and the regional cooperation established within the framework of the West African Agricultural Productivity Program (WAAPP). Among the support needs expressed by the Government of Chad are: (i) the development of a new extension strategy which takes into account the family farm as a whole and which also incorporates technical issues; (ii) the capacity building of ANADER agents; and (iii) the development of tools to strengthen the link between Research, Extension and Production to improve the promotion and adoption of agricultural technologies and innovations.
2. The Executive Secretariat of CORAF intends to recruit a firm responsible for training Chad’s agricultural research and development actors in the establishment and facilitation of innovation platforms.
3. The tasks to be performed and other information related to the conduct of the mission are detailed in the terms of reference attached.
4. The Executive Director of CORAF invites firms with the qualifications demanded as indicated in the terms of reference to express their interest in this call.
5. Companies or firms interested in this notice must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform such services (brochures, references concerning the performance of similar contracts, CVs, experience in similar field, experience under similar conditions, etc.).
6. The consulting firm must have experience in carrying out similar studies. It must have at least the following key personnel:
– Agricultural Economics Expert, Senior Consultant, Head of Mission,
– Senior technical experts specialized in Agricultural Economics.
7. A curriculum vitae must be provided for each of the experts (not exceeding 4 pages).
8. The Consultants will be selected in accordance with the rules set out in the Manual of Administrative, Financial and Accounting Procedures of CORAF.
9. Interested firms may obtain additional information from the CORAF Executive Secretariat by sending correspondence to Dr Lamien Nieyidouba, email@example.com from 8:00am to 12:00 noon and from 15:00 to 17:00 GMT.
10. Expressions of interest must be sent to the Executive Director of CORAF and submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on February 4, 2020 at 17:00 GMT at the latest.
Dr Abdou TENKOUANO