CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Recruitment of individuals Consultants for Regional Taxonomy Training Workshop for Fruit Fly Diagnostic Laboratory Technicians
Opening of the call: 01 / 02 / 2018
Closure of the call: 08 / 02 / 2018
CEI No 04-2018
- Diagnostic laboratories are very important for monitoring the composition of different species, the dynamics of the fruit fly populations and for the identification of the latter. These laboratories should provide an accurate diagnosis and support training activities for technical staff in each of the beneficiary countries of the fruit fly control project (Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Mali, Senegal and Togo)
- The PLMF project has a Training Plan and Modules, after an audit of the diagnostic laboratories of the countries involved in the project and proposals for training modules to fill the gaps in the laboratory technicians.
- In order to make these laboratories operational, it is important that their technicians receive capacity building in the processing of samples of fruit flies, from the receipt of samples to the identification and conservation of specimens Strategy for Practicing Nutrition-Sensitive Agriculture and Food Systems in WAAPP Countries.
- The tasks to be performed and other information relating to the conduct of the mission are detailed in the attached Terms of Reference.
- The Executive Director of CORAF/WECARD invites consultants with the profile sought as indicated in the terms of reference to express their interest in this appeal.
- Individual consultants should provide a record of expression of interest consisting of: (i) the methodology to be used to do the work requested, (ii) references concerning the performance and experience of similar services, (iii) and their updated CV.
- The individual Consultant will be selected using the selection based on the individual consultant (IC) method in accordance with the CORAF/WECARD Manuel of Administrative and Financial procedure.
- Interested consultants may obtain additional information from CORAF/WECARD Executive Secretariat by sending correspondence firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com from 8amto 12pm and from 15h to 17h GMT.
- Expressions of interest must be submitted by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org, on 08 / 02 / 2018 at 10:00 GMT at the latest.
Dr Abdou TENKOUANO
CORAF / WECARD