CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
an international consultant for
PRIORITY CAPACITY BUILDING’S STRATEGIC FRAMING REGARDING
AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH IN CAMEROON FOR THE PURPOSE OF
ESTABLISHING TWO NCoS (Milk and Pulses) AND
RELAUNCHING ADAPTIVE R&D IN PRIORITY AGRICULTURAL CHANNELS
Launch date of the call: 30/11/2017
End date of the call: 12/12/2017
CEI No. 29-2017
1. Cameroon is aligned with the West and Central Africa Agricultural Transformation Program (WAATP) to strengthen its agricultural research system and set up fundamentals while integrating the aspects related to processing and marketing.
Seven (07) channels have been identified as priority ones under the WAATP. These are: (i) milk and aquaculture (supported by the MINEPIA), and (ii) rice, maize, cassava, banana/plantain and pulses (supported by MINADER). Of these seven (07) channels, two of them, namely milk and pulses, have been identified as the priority target for specific investments in order to form National Centers of Specialization (NCOS) intended to progressively become Regional Centers of Excellence (CRE).
These Terms of Reference are prepared for the recruitment of an international consultant in charge of framing IRAD’s needs, so that this structure be upgraded within the framework of the WAATP.
2. The tasks to be performed and other information regarding the performance of the mission are detailed in the Terms of Reference attached hereto.
3. The Executive Director of CORAF/WECARD is inviting consultants with the desired profile described in the Terms of Reference to express their interest in this call.
4. Interested individual consultants should provide an Expression of Interest dossier comprising: (i) references concerning the execution and experience of similar contracts (ii) and their updated CV.
5. Consultants will be selected on the basis of the individual consultant selection procedure in accordance with the procedures defined in the Guidelines: “Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD loans and IDA credits and grants by World Bank Borrowers,” January 2011 version, revised in July 2014.”
6. Interested consultants may obtain additional information from the Executive Secretariat of CORAF/WECARD by addressing their queries to firstname.lastname@example.org from 8:00 to 12:00 GMT and from 15:00 to 17:00 GMT.
7. The Expressions of Interest should be submitted by e-mail addressed to email@example.com to the Executive Director of CORAF/WECARD, 7 Avenue Bourguiba, Dakar, Senegal, on 12/12/2017 at 10:00 GMT at the latest.
Dr Abdou TENKOUANO