CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
for the recruitment of an individual consultant to facilitate
locally the organizationof an exchange visit of the actors of
WAAPP / PPAAO in China from 17 to 29 September 2017
Opening of the call: 29 / 08 / 2017
Closure of the call: 07 / 09 / 2017
CEI No 16-2017
- Following an exploratory visit, carried out from 4 to 14 June 2014 in China, by the three agricultural productivity programs in Africa: EAAPP in East Africa; APPSA in Southern Africa and WAAPP/PPAAO in West Africa, the National Rice Center Specialization (CNS-rice) in Mali has undertaken a collaborative activity with STAS Company and the Private Agricultural Technologies Company Hui Min from Hubei Province in China on hybrid rice. With the significant results obtained at the station (8-9 t/ha), STAS and Hui Min Company presented the potential of hybrid rice in China to a CNS-rice delegation from 10 to 26 May 2016, for a broader partnership with West Africa under the WAAPP. So, the idea has emerged to organize this visit which will involve 5 countries of WAAPP (Benin, Guinea, Mali, Niger and Togo) and various actors (private sector in the field of seeds, seed producers, breeders and extension workers). The main expected result of this work is a reference document to be used by WAAPP countries to effectively address the inclusion of nutrition in agricultural and food systems practice.
- The purpose of the consultation is to recruit an individual consultant to facilitate locally the organization of the visit to China.
- The tasks to be performed and other information relating to the conduct of the mission are detailed in the attached Terms of Reference.
- The Executive Director of CORAF/WECARD invites consultants with the profile sought as indicated in the terms of reference to express their interest in this appeal.
- Individual consultants should provide a record of expression of interest consisting of: (i) the methodology to be used to do the work requested, (ii) references concerning the performance and experience of similar services, (iii) and their updated CV.
- The individual Consultant will be selected using the selection based on the individual consultant (IC) method in accordance with the World Bank guidelines on “Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, revised on July 2014”.
- Interested consultants may obtain additional information from CORAF/WECARD Executive Secretariat by sending correspondence email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org 8am to 12pm and from 15h to 17h GMT.
- Expressions of interest must be submitted by e-mail to: email@example.com, on 07 / 09 / 2017 at 10:00 GMT at the latest.
Dr Abdou TENKOUANO
CORAF / WECARD