Call for Expression of Interest
Recruitment of an Individual Consultant in Charge to realize a feasibility study of
regional excellence center of agricultural mechanization in West Africa
Opening Date: 21, August, 2017
Closing Date: 30, August, 2017
CEI N° 08-2017
Following the “consultative meeting” held in Nairobi in December 2016, the World Bank launched the concept of Center of Excellence in Agricultural Mechanization. The CORAF/WECARD-World Bank-IITA joint workshop held from the 4th to 7th April 2017 in Ibadan in Nigeria confirmed the need, from the one hand, to establish a Regional Center of Excellence on Agricultural Mechanization (RCEAM) in West Africa and, on the other hand, to implement a regional information, knowledge and know-how sharing network on agricultural mechanization, with national relays, in relationship with the Center. Though all the stakeholders were unanimous on the need to create a dynamic regional Network, for the Center of Excellence, it was deemed necessary to conduct a feasibility study that would define its missions, its institutional anchorage, its sustainable funding, its relationships with the national initiatives as well as with the NCoS implemented in the framework of the WAAPP regional project. The issue of the country that would host this Center of Excellence was also raised. It was with the aim of addressing the concerns and/or questions that a feasibility study appeared as essential.
The objective of the consultancy is to study the sustainable conditions for the establishment of a Regional Center of Excellence in Agricultural Mechanization in West Africa while defining its main functions, its planning and budget of implementation.
CORAF/WECARD now invites individual’s consultants for the mission mentioned above. Interested consultants may obtain detailed information in the ToR attached below . The individual Consultant will be selected using the selection based on the individual consultant (IC) method in accordance with the World Bank guidelines on “Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, revised on July 2014” The mission will have a maximum of 45 working days and will last three (03) months from the date of signing the contract.
1. Qualification and Experience of the consultant:
|Have proven knowledge in Regional Centers of Mechanization across the West Africa subregion and elsewhere|
|Knowledge of the regional and international context in agricultural research and development|
2. The Individual Consultants f will be evaluated on the basis of the criteria mentioned above and the preferred consultant will be invited for negotiation.
3. The consultants interested in this call must submit an Expression of Interest comprising: (i) references concerning the execution and experience of similar contracts and (ii) the CVs o
4. Expressions of Interest (EoI) must be submitted by e-mail at the following address: email@example.com or to the Executive Director of CORAF/WECARD, 7 Avenue Bourguiba, Dakar, Senegal not later than the 30th August 2017 at 10:00 GMT.
5. CORAF/WECARD Executive Secretariat reserves the right to accept or reject any or all of the EoI or annul the EoI process at any stage without assigning any reason(s) whatsoever and without incurring any liability to the affected applicants(s). For more information, you will find attached the terms of reference of the mission.
Executive Director of CORAF/WECARD
Dr Abdou TENKOUANO