Call for Expression of Interest
Recruitment of an Individual Consultant in Charge of Drafting the 2015 and 2016 Consolidated Annual Report of CORAF/WECARD
Opening Date: 13, July, 2017
Closing Date: 26, July, 2017
CEI N° 07-2017
The West and Central African Council for Agricultural Research and Development (CORAF/WECARD), made up of the National Agricultural Research Systems (NARS) of 23 countries in West and Central Africa, is one of the four Sub-Regional African Organizations (SRO) which form the Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA). The vision and mission of CORAF/WECARD is, in essence, to achieve sustainable reduction of poverty and food insecurity through improved competitiveness, productivity and agricultural markets in West and Central Africa (WCA).
CORAF / WECARD operates on the basis of Strategic and Operational Plans, the latest of which cover the periods of 2007-2016 and 2014-2018 respectively. Through these plans, CORAF/WECARD aims to contribute to the achievement of the first objective of the Comprehensive African Agriculture Development Program (CAADP), which is an agriculture-based development that eliminates hunger, and reduces poverty and food insecurity. This objective will be achieved through the implementation of the agricultural policies of the Regional Economic Communities of West and Central Africa (ECOWAS, WAEMU, ECCAS and CEMAC).
For the visibility of all these results in 2017, CORAF/WECARD must publish its 2015 and 2016 consolidated annual report. To ensure the quality of this document, a consultant specialized in reviewing and editing is requested for support in the development and publication of the said report.
The objective of the consultancy is to write, in a concise style, easy reading, and content accessible to the uninitiated, the consolidated annual report 2015 and 2016.
CORAF/WECARD now invites individual’s consultants for the mission mentioned above. Interested consultants may obtain detailed ToR and further information from the Executive Secretariat during normal office hours (08:30GMT to 17:30 GMT). The individual Consultant will be selected using the selection based on the individual consultant (IC) method in accordance with the World Bank guidelines on “Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, revised on July 2014” The mission will have a maximum of 20 days and will last 30 days from the date of signing the contract.
- Qualification and Experience of the consultant:
|Have proven knowledge in drafting and summarizing scientific documents|
|Knowledge of the regional and international context in agricultural research and development|
|Have good experience in data analysis and synthesis|
- The Individual Consultants f will be evaluated on the basis of the criteria mentioned above and the preferred consultant will be invited for negotiation.
- The consultants interested in this call must submit an Expression of Interest comprising: (i) references concerning the execution and experience of similar contracts and (ii) the CVs o
- Expressions of Interest (EoI) must be submitted by e-mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Executive Director of CORAF/WECARD, 7 Avenue Bourguiba, Dakar, Senegal not later than the 26th July 2017 at 11:00 GMT.
- CORAF/WECARD Executive Secretariat reserves the right to accept or reject any or all of the EoI or annul the EoI process at any stage without assigning any reason(s) whatsoever and without incurring any liability to the affected applicants(s). For more information, you will find attached the terms of reference of the mission.
Dr Abdou TENKOUANO
Executive Director of CORAF/WECARD