Local Full time position based in Dakar, Senegal
Call opening : 03rd July 2017
Call closing : 20th July 2017
The West and Central African Council for Agricultural Research and Development (CORAF/WECARD) is composed of the National Agricultural Research Systems (NARS) of 23 countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Sao Tomé et Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
The Vision of CORAF/WECARD is “a sustainable reduction in poverty and food insecurity in WCA through an increase in agricultural-led economic growth and sustainable improvement of key aspects of the agricultural research system”.
The mission is to ensure “a sustainable improvement of the competitiveness, productivity and markets of the agricultural system of West and Central Africa by meeting the major demands of target groups of the sub-regional research system”.
For further information, please check the website of the Organization: www.coraf.org
Within the framework of the implementation of the Agreement on Priority Research Programmes funded by UEMOA, CORAF/WECARD is recruiting a highly skilled candidate for the position of Programme Assistant.
The Programme Assistant will be under the authority of the Director of Research and Innovation and will support the Department of Research and Innovation in the implementation of Projects/Programmes related to Livestock, Fisheries and Aquaculture.
Main responsibilities of the successful candidate will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Participate in the development and monitoring of annual work plans and budgets ;
- Contribute to the production of periodic technical reports ;
- Participate in the execution and continuous improvement of the monitoring and evaluation system of Projects and/or Programmes (ensure update of reference files and tables for monitoring performance indicators) ;
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Management.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications and skills :
- University degree (Bac+5) in Livestock and/or Fisheries production or any other related field ;
- Have strong skills in Zootechnics, Veterinary medicine, Aquaculture and results based monitoring and evaluation ;
- Have at least three (03) years of practical experience in management and monitoring of research projects/programmes ;
- Have demonstrated abilities in designing and developing scientific research programmes ;
- Have strong knowledge of Windows softwares (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Be able to work under pressure in a multicultural environment ;
- Be 35 years old maximum when applying for the position ;
- Have good knowledge of the research and development environment in West and Central Africa and particularly in the UEMOA area ;
- Be a national of one of the member countries of UEMOA (note that the announcement is for a local position) ;
- Be well organized with demonstrated writing abilities in English and French ;
- Be able to travel within the subregion when necessary ;
- Have ability of cooperating with others, showing humility and be in a position to learn and develop oneself personnally and professionnaly ;
- Be immediately available
This is a locally recruited position and CORAF/WECARD offers competitive terms of employment. CORAF/WECARD is an equal opportunity employer and applications from women are encouraged.
The application should comprise a cover letter, a detailed CV, names and contact details (e-mail addresses,and telephone) of three (3) references. The letter will be addressed to CORAF/WECARD Executive Director, CORAF/WECARD Executive Secretariat – 7, Avenue Bourguiba, POBox 48 Dakar RP, Senegal. Applications will be submitted by e-mail ONLY at: email@example.com and should reach CORAF/WECARD Executive Secretariat no later than 20th July 2017 at 17:30. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
NB : Please use the reference codes indicated above as your subject in sending the e-mails and application file.