Total Projects: 4
Total Investment in USD $: 161 420,688
*projects funded since 2008 without investments in infrastructure
The National Agricultural Research Institute (IRA), is the Republic of Congo’s principal agricultural research agency. IRA, which falls under the Ministry of Scientific Research, conducts crop and livestock research.
In March 2014, a number of belonging to the General Delegation of Scientific and Technical Research (DGRST) DGRST were consolidated into the new institutes, IRA and Forestry Research Institute (IRF).
Comprising two agencies under Marien Ngouabi University, Congo’s higher education sector accounted for 14 percent of the nation’s agricultural research capacity in 2011. Compared with most African countries, the nonprofit sector plays a relatively important, and increasing, role in Congolese agricultural R&D. AGRICONGO carries out adaptive research on market gardens for food and fruit crops, as well as fodder plants, and CRDPI conducts forestry research.
Some of the projects carried out by CORAF in Chad include:
- Promotion of integrated crop management technologies to improve plantain productivity of small-holder farmers;
- Negative externalities of intensification of cultivated soils: methods and tools for evaluation and alternative practices;
- Platform for Exchange between Researchers and Policymakers for Adaptation to Climate Change in Africa;
- Strengthening Capacity for Agricultural Research and Development in Africa (SCARDA);
- Promotion of Science & Technology for Agricultural Development Project.
Explore our work in others countries
CORAF in Congo
Contact IRA Congo
First Name: Dr Grégoire
Last Name: BANI
Title: Directeur Général p.i.
Phone: +242 05 551 96 00
PB/City: B.P. 2499 – Brazzaville Congo
Fax: +242 81 03 30