Position : Internal and External Communication Officer
Type of Contract : Local contract
Location: Dakar, Senegal
Call opening: 07/03/2022
Call closing: 03/04/2022
Presentation of CORAF
The West and Central African Council for Agricultural Research and Development (CORAF) was founded in 1987. CORAF (www.coraf.org) is composed of the National Agricultural Research Systems (NARS) of 23 countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
The Vision of CORAF is a future where people and communities in West and Central Africa achieve food and nutrition security and are prosperous. Its mission is ensuring a sustainable improvement to the productivity, competitiveness, and markets of the agricultural system in WCA.
For the purpose of implementing its activities, CORAF seeks for its Executive Secretariat, a qualified profile for the position of:
INTERNAL&EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION OFFICER (M/F)
Under the authority of the Executive Director, the Internal & External Communication Officer is responsible for designing, implementing, and steering CORAF marketing and communication strategy at the national and international level as well. Its objective is to promote the image of CORAF both in its internal and external environment. He/She holds a key position within CORAF, developing communication plans and designing advocacy media campaigns.
The Internal & External Communication Manager will perform the following tasks:
- Corporate communication and communication for development
- Define and implement an external communication policy to promote the image of CORAF with its partners as well as the mobilization of resources;
- Define and implement an internal communication policy to attract and retain the best talents;
- Define and implement a policy to promote services provided by CORAF and participate in the development of strategic and operational plans;
- Define and implement the public relations development policy enhancing the image of CORAF;
- Promote and maintain CORAF’s brand image;
- Submit an annual internal and external communication plan for CORAF;
- Promote CORAF’s relations with national and international media;
- Participate and supervise production of activity bulletins for technical and financial partners and CORAF staff;
- Oversee the management of CORAF communication on social networks;
- Supervise production of publications on the impact of CORAF at the national and international level;
- Identify, in cooperation with project and program coordinators, achievements with high social and economic impact to carry out communication campaigns for the adoption of technologies;
- Establish a mapping of CORAF beneficiary target groups in order to develop specific messages to promote CORAF programs.
- Oversee the adoption and application of CORAF brand identity in all communication products, initiatives and projects at national and regional level;
- Design policies and action programs for partnerships development plan
- Participate in the definition, in relation with the strategy and partnerships manager, of most efficient target partners;
- Initiate marketing studies and contribute to the development of strategic plans and operational plans;
- Initiate partnerships with institutions and brand leaders and sponsor Associations, foundations, etc.;
- Provide marketing support to various CORAF partners.