CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Recruitment of a firm or group of consultants to assess the potential for improving the available forage cultivated in the six (6) PRAPS countries (Burkina Faso, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Senegal, and Chad)
Opening date: June 28, 2021
Closing date: July 19, 2021
CEI N° 22-2021
The West and Central African Council for Agricultural Research and Development (CORAF) has obtained funding from CILSS, through the Regional Sahel Pastoralism Support Project (PRAPS), for the assessment of the potential for improvement of the available forage cultivated in the six (6) PRAPS countries (Burkina Faso, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Senegal, Chad).
The assessment has two objectives, namely:
- assess the potential in cultivated forage, the risks / opportunities, the associated necessary conditions enabling sustainability and scaling of investments, the feasibility aspects and the related to access for pastoralists, helping to guide the choices of investment options in the production of cultivated forage, in order to overcome the constraints of availability / variability of natural pastures in the PRAPS target countries; and
- analyze the financial and economic profitability of forage crops in developed areas and areas of rain-fed cereal crops associated with forage plants, in particular vegetables with “double purposes” but also exploitation of the genetic diversity of flood-recession sorghum with high food production and forage. This is an analysis of the comparative advantages of the financial and economic profitability of these two methods of cultivated forage production, taking into account aspects of food security, environmental impact, competition for the use of arable / irrigated land for human food vs livestock feed in order to provide information and data enabling informed decisions to be made for support and investment in cultivated forage production.
The Executive Director of CORAF invites firms or groups of consultants who meet the qualification criteria as indicated in the terms of reference, to express their interests in this recruitment.
Firms / groups of consultants interested in this call must submit an expression of interest indicating that they are qualified to perform such services (Understanding of the terms of reference, Methodology, references for the execution of similar contracts over the past 10 years, CVs of proposed key experts, etc.).
The firm / group of consultants will be selected according to the selection method based on the qualification of the consultant in accordance with the CORAF Administrative, Financial and Accounting Procedures Manual.
The service provider will be responsible for mobilizing all the high-level technical expertise required to carry out the study. To do this, they will mobilize at least the following profiles:
- a Head of mission, an agro-pastoralist zoological technician with good experience in animal feed;
- an agronomist with experience in forage crops and irrigation techniques;
- an agro-economist familiar with economic and financial analyses.
Particular importance will be given to the relevance of the experience, particularly in the livestock sector in the Sahel and West Africa, in particular pastoral systems and the capacity to work in a multidisciplinary team.
The firm / group of consultants ranked first will be invited for negotiation after having drawn up a technical and financial proposal based on the terms of reference.
Interested firms / groups of consultants can obtain additional information from the CORAF Executive Secretariat by sending an e-mail to Sabdulai.firstname.lastname@example.org copying email@example.com.
Applications should be submitted by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, July 19, 2021 at 16:30 GMT at the latest.
Dr Abdou TENKOUANO