IFDC North and West Africa
Type of contract: Consultant
Duration: 6 Months Renewable
Start date: April 1, 2019
Programs: Feed the Future EnGRAIS
Number of Positions: 1
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a public international organization that focuses on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity in developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise.
The Feed the Future Enhancing Growth through Regional Agricultural Input Systems (EnGRAIS) for West Africa Project is a 5-year, USAID-funded activity with the objective of sustainably increasing regional availability and use of appropriate and affordable fertilizers.
IFDC is seeking to recruit a Bilingual Administrative and Finance Consultant, who will be responsible for ensuring smooth and effective implementation of the logistics, administrative and finance support for EnGRAIS activities and the IFDC Senegal office.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Bilingual Administrative and Finance Consultant will work under the supervision of the Senegal Country representative while reporting directly to the EnGRAIS Bilingual Administrative Assistant. The incumbent shall have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Assist in providing logistical and administrative support for EnGRAIS project activities in Senegal and the region
- Assist the Country Representative in the administrative and financial management of the IFDC Senegal Office
- Manage administrative records of country office staff (contracts, social security, insurance, leave, annual appraisal, etc.), including trainees
- Ensure preparation and monitoring of advance requests, expense projections and other budget related materials for EnGRAIS and the Senegal Country Office
- Maintain Accounting in relation to the project, Division and Headquarters
- Control / supervise the management of equipment, including vehicles, and all that pertains to logistics (acquisition procedures, monitoring and inventory, etc.)
- Supervise fuel management
- Write administrative correspondence and periodic reports
- Assist in the organization of regional and local meetings (budget and logistics)
- Assist in the finalization of MoUs, contracts and other agreements
- Assist in organizing workshops/conferences logistics, prepare workshops/conferences materials, prepare minutes and highlight agreed upon actions, coordinate follow-ups, and booking facilities
- Assist in preparing and processing various administrative forms, including expenses reimbursement and traveling requests
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by his/her supervisors
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Hold a degree in Business Administration, Accounting or another relevant field
- Have at least five (5) years professional experience
- Be able to express oneself orally and in writing in both French and in English
- Have accounting skills (mandatory) and knowledge of Senegal Labor law
- Being able to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and international team and in a multicultural environment
- Be organized, rigorous and trustworthy
- Have a good knowledge of local labor laws and admin procedures
Application and Contract procedure
Candidates are required to submit their applications of a cover letter and an updated CV. Qualified women candidates are strongly urged to apply.
Interested candidates should apply online no later than March 31, 2019 at 12:00 GMT. Complete position descriptions and application procedures can be found at: https://ifdc.silkroad.com/ifdc/Employment_Listings.html
The subject of the mail must be EnGRAIS Bilingual Administrative and Finance Consultant
NB: Only the top candidates will be invited for an interview in Dakar. There will be no response to telephone inquiries. If you reach the next level of consideration, you will be subject to a written test and an interview with a selection committee.