A Call for Expressions of Interest for the recruitment of an international firm specializing in human resources management to assist CORAF/WECARD in recruiting qualified staff based in its Executive Secretariat in Dakar
CEI No. 06-2017
- Created in 1987, CORAF/WECARD is a sub-regional organization currently gathering the National Agricultural Research Systems (NARS) of 23 countries in West and Central Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, the Central African Republic, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Democratic Republic of Congo, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Chad, and Togo.
- The Executive Secretariat of the West and Central Africa Council for Agricultural Research and Development (CORAF/WECARD) is seeking an international firm specializing in Human Resources Management to provide technical support in the recruitment of qualified staff for the positions listed below at its Executive Secretariat based in Dakar. However, it should be noted that this list is not exhaustive:
- Director of Research and Innovation,
- Financial Controller,
- IT Manager,
- Chief Accountant.
- CORAF/WECARD intends to use part of its resources to make payments under the contract for the recruitment of an international firm specializing in Human Resources Management to assist CORAF/WECARD in the recruitment of staff based at its Executive Secretariat.
- The Executive Director of CORAF/WECARD is therefore inviting all firms or consultancies specializing in human resources management to express their interest in providing the services described above.
- Human resources management firms interested in this call must provide information showing that they are qualified to provide the services (brochures, references to the performance of similar contracts, CVs, experience in similar field, experience in similar conditions, etc.).
- The recruitment firm must have proven experience in the recruitment of high-level executives primarily in the areas of agricultural research and development. It must have at least the following key staff:
- A Head of Mission, holding at least a Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Social Sciences or equivalent. He/she must have at least ten (10) years of proven experience in the recruitment of senior management staff and must have completed at least ten (10) similar assignments as Head of Mission in the past five (5) years. He/she must have a good knowledge of the principles of intervention of technical and financial partners (World Bank, USAID, IDB etc). He/she must be perfectly bilingual (English and French).
- An Assistant to the Head of Mission, holding at least a Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Social Sciences or equivalent. He/she must have at least five (05) years of proven experience in the recruitment of Executives and must have completed at least five (05) similar missions in the past five (5) years. He/she must have a good knowledge of the principles of intervention of technical and financial partners (World Bank, USAID, IDB etc). He/she must be perfectly bilingual (English and French).
Expressions of interest must include the CVs of the key staff listed above.
The firm will be selected according to the “Selection Based on Consultant’s Qualifications” method in accordance with the procedures defined in the Guidelines entitled “Selection and employment of consultants by World Bank borrowers”, 2011 version revised in 2014.
The method used will be the “Selection Based on Consultant’s Qualifications” (CQS): (At the end of the expressions of interest, the most qualified and experienced consultant will be selected and invited to submit a technical and financial proposal. Then, if the proposal is compliant and acceptable, the Consultant will be invited to negotiate the contract).
The duration of the assignment of the firm will be twelve (12) months.
Interested firms meeting the requirements can obtain further information by consulting the terms of reference of the assignment from Monday to Friday, from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm at the following address: CORAF/WECARD Executive Secretariat, 7 Avenue Bourguiba, Dakar, Tel: 33 869 96 18 or by contacting the following persons: email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. The terms of reference can also be downloaded from CORAF/WECARD’s website: www.coraf.org through the “Call Opportunity” (Tenders) tab.
Expressions of interest addressed to the Executive Director should be sent by email to the following address: email@example.com no later than 25th July 2017 at 11:00 GMT, Tel: 33 869 96 18.
CORAF/WECARD’s Executive Director