Call for Expression of Interest
Recruitment of a Communication Specialist for WAAPP
OPENING DATE: 24, April, 2017
CLOSING DATE: 3, May, 2017
CEI N° 04-2017
The West Africa Agricultural Productivity Programme (WAAPP/PPAAO) was initiated by the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) with the aim of contributing to the implementation of the Agricultural Policy (ECOWAP), in accordance with the Comprehensive African Agricultural Development Programme (CAADP/NEPAD). ECOWAS mandated CORAF/WECARD to coordinate the implementation of the WAAPP/PPAAO at regional level with the support of the World Bank.
The Executive Secretariat of the West and Central African Council for Research and Agricultural Development (CORAF/WECARD) intends to recruit a highly-qualified professional for assisting the Executive Secretariat of CORAF/WECARD in the development of Second Strategic Plan (2017 – 2026) and a Third Operational Plan (2017-2021) respectively.
CORAF/WECARD now invites eligible applicants from the West and Central Africa region for the position mentioned above. Interested applicants may obtain detailed ToR and further information from the Executive Secretariat during normal office hours (08:30GMT to 17:30 GMT). The Individual Consultant will be selected using the rules of CORAF/WECARD Administrative and Financial Manual, Selection consultancy services.
The Consultant will be engaged for 02 months.
- Qualification and Experience of the consultant
- Selection Criteria:
|work experience in Agricultural Research for Development at regional or continental level. strong experience of developing practical operational / management tools for complex organizations involved in Agricultural Research for Development in Africa. years’ experience in leading corporate communication initiatives and/or science writing and editing.|
|Strong analytical skills, capacity to communicate efficiently and to coordinate within a wide spectrum of partners or stakeholders|
|Others ( . Excellent facilitation skills; process management and keeping teams focussed.|
Experience in basic writing techniques and conventions of style and format, editing especially for strategic documents etc.)Total Marks
- The CVs of the applicants will be evaluated on the basis of the criteria mentioned above and the preferred consultant will be invited for negotiation.
- The consultants interested in this call must submit an Expression of Interest comprising: (i) references concerning the execution and experience of similar contracts and (ii) their CVs.
- Expressions of Interest (EoI) must be submitted by e-mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Executive Director of CORAF/WECARD, 7 Avenue Bourguiba, Dakar, Senegal not later than the 3th May 2017 at 17:00 GMT.
- CORAF/WECARD Executive Secretariat reserves the right to accept or reject any or all of the EoI or annul the EoI process at any stage without assigning any reason(s) whatsoever and without incurring any liability to the affected applicants(s).
Dr Abdou TENKOUANO
Executive Director of CORAF/WECARD
Download CEI & ToRs